Sunday 1 December 2013

Upcoming UltraStu Presentation - March 2014

Hi

Just a quick blog post tonight to let you know about a presentation and run I am doing next March up north in Todmorden, West Yorkshire.  It was back in April at the TORQ weekend, that took place in Shropshire, when I met John Lloyd from Cannonball Events.  Recently he approached me to see if I would be interested in doing a Performance Enhancement Presentation on my trail running ideas, to the trail running community up north.  No doubt as you are probably aware from the length of my blog posts, I do enjoy sharing my ideas, so I agreed to travel up in exchange for some good friendly northern hospitality and of course, a reasonably lengthy trail run with a group of runners.

So on Saturday 8th March commencing in the morning there is a 22 mile run along the Calderdale Way, part of the Calderdale Way Ultra race route.  Then later that day at 6:30pm, as described by John from Cannonball Events, there is "An Evening with Stuart Mills".  Sounds a bit like a BBC Evening with a Famous Singer TV show!  Don't worry, I definitely won't be singing!

The image below is from the fancy flyer that John has produced.


Click the following link: http://www.cannonballevents.co.uk/specialevents.php to find out further information.  It should be a great night, as well as an excellent run at a pretty leisurely pace.

Just one more tiny bit of news tonight.  I was recently approached by a Mum whose son is a trail runner who enjoys reading my UltraStu blog and finds the material aids his running.  She asked me if it was possible if I could share my racing, training and coaching experience in person with her son in conjunction with a weekend of trail running taking in the amazingly scenic countryside of East Sussex.  Her plan was to give the Trail Running Weekend as a Christmas present to her son.  I felt really 'honoured' in that running with me would be someone's Christmas present, so I produced a fancy voucher to mark the occasion. 

I then thought maybe there are other people out there who have a keen trail runner friend, partner, son/daughter, or Mum/Dad and just don't know what to give them for Christmas.  So if you like the idea of giving a Trail Running Weekend in East Sussex as a present, then simply zap me an e-mail StuartMillsRunCoaching@talktalk.net and we can discuss details.  It wouldn't have to be the same format as the voucher below.  Whatever you feel would be the most ideal Christmas present.


Anyway just a thought.  Just one last point, although the Christmas present is Trail Running with me, it wouldn't actually be during the Christmas period, but some time during 2014.  As I am commencing my summer training camp out in New Zealand next week.  Yes, I am off to New Zealand for Christmas to catch up with family and friends, as well as planning to get a few fantastic hot sunny trail runs in.

Hopefully, I will be publishing a few posts from New Zealand, but just in case I am too busy doing loads of running, have a great Christmas.

Stuart

PS Just one last mention.  No doubt many of you are probably planning your races for 2014 around now.  If you are looking for an off-road run that takes is a variety of terrain and scenery, including the Ashdown Forest, designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, then checkout the Weald Challenge Trail Races, that take place in East Sussex on Sunday 25th May, 2014.  The Weald Challenge Trail Races consist of a 50km Ultra Trail, a Trail Marathon, and a Trail Half Marathon.  Go to the race website for further information and to enter online:   http://www.trailrunningsussex.co.uk/trailraces.html

No comments:

Post a Comment