Wednesday 21 September 2011

UltraStu Talk in Yorkshire - Meet the Man Behind the Blog!

Hi

Just a quick announcement about a talk I am doing up in Yorkshire on Friday 7th October.

The title of my presentation is Ultra Trail Running - Enjoying the Overall Experience.  I will talk about the highs and lows of ultra running - from my win in the 2010 Lakeland 100 mile race, to the problems which led to me not completing the Ultra Tour of Mont Blanc this year.
Within the talk I will emphasize the importance of TOTAL physical and mental preparation, which if you are a reader of my blog, you will know that I see TOTAL preparation as the key determinant of achieving a successful performance in endurance trail running events.

The presentation will include photos, video clips, and race route details specific to the Lakeland 100 and the Ultra Trail Mont Blanc. In addition there will be ample opportunity for the audience to ask any questions they may have on trail running.

Details of the talk are as follows:
When: Friday 7th October 2011

Venue: Studley Roger Village Hall, Studley Roger, Ripon HG4 3AY

Time: 7.30 pm for pre-talk snacks/drinks - 8.00 pm talk starts.  A short break for more snacks/drinks at 8.45pm.  Finish 9.45pm approx.

Cost: £5.00 (including free snacks/tea coffee)

The talk is being organised by Dave Jelley from Jelley Legs Guided Runs.  We actually discussed the idea of the talk while 'racing' at the Northants Shires and Spires 35 mile ultra race back in June!

Tickets are available from Dave.  Visit http://www.jelleylegs.co.uk/ and email /ring and reserve tickets.


So here is your opportunity to "Meet the Man Behind the Blog", that is if you haven't already met me before!  Hopefully, those of you that live up north, local to the area, will be able to make it to Studley Roger Village Hall, which is not far from Ripon.  It should be a really good night.  A note for any of you who were present at my talk in Ambleside back in June at the Lakeland 100 recce weekend, I promise I will get my pace judgement right this time, and not go over my predicted finishing time!

Right, best I get myself organised and get my presentation sorted.  I think the hardest thing will be deciding on what to leave out, in order to keep to time!!!

Stuart

PS  To those of you that know people who are inspired by your endurance trail running exploits and want to do more running.  Then maybe the following link to a worthy charity called  The Fresh Air Fund may be of interest to you.  http://www.freshair.org/events/nyc-half-marathon

Each year they have a team running the New York City Half Marathon that takes place in March.  So now is a good time to encourage your work mates, partner, or any friends to go that little bit further with their running, and perhaps have this race as their goal.

1 comment:

  1. I'd be very interested to hear you talk - I think it would be uplifting, not just for running but for life's challenges.
    Unfortunately, a tad to far away for me.

    ReplyDelete